Thursday, September 07, 2006

Thoughts on the Lia Sophia Followers

I got invited to a Lia Sophia gathering tonight at Stacie, a friendly coworker's home. And after I got the invite, I then got a sneak peek into what the night may hold. I thought that Lia Sophia was just a nice home sales based jewelry business, but in all actuality, it is some sort of addicting, blood-sucking cult disguised as stay-at-home-moms and get-togethers with snacks and friends. You should see how these women in my office drool over a LS catalog or people's collections that they've purchased. It's crazy. At first, I have to say that I was captivated by their reactions and a little frightened. But it got worse very quickly.

I got my very own catalog, and as suddenly as I had judged their craziness and addiction, I was paging through the book again and again until I swore I had seen every piece in there. And then I was circling things, calculating the value of the deals I could receive if I bought just one more piece... I had, in one giant swoop gone from critic to one of them! I could hardly believe it myself.

However, I don't think that I will achieve the level of spending power that some of the women in the office have attained. Deb was going through pointing to all of the items that were on her most recent order...it had to have been hundreds of dollars for a few pieces of albeit gorgeous jewelry. Hopefully I can fend off the ever powerful urges to buy, buy, buy...as long as I keep the fact in mind that I do need to be able to eat this month.

Oh Lia Sophia...what a power you possess.

No comments: