Monday, January 08, 2007

Grad School: Take Two

Back about a year ago, if you recall, I went through a round of applications to a few graduate schools and couldn't nail down the perfect opportunity, so I aptly withdrew my applications. I decided that I just wasn't ready for the move to graduate school. But after nearly a year in the workforce, I'm quickly realizing that I will not be able to move up any chain of command without a higher level degree...which, strange. I thought that a bachelor's degree was a fairly high degree...but schmee. Whatever.

So I once again plunge into another application process for another grad school. This situation, though, does seem to be exactly what I'm looking for. UW-La Crosse has a brand new all online grad program which means I get to keep working full-time and take classes at an almost full-time pace. How exciting!

Please stop me if I've written a post about this already. I don't think I have, but frankly, I'm too lazy to check.

So wish me luck on my second attempt at greatness...or something like that.

Oh, and on a completely unrelated note, I could be a realtor if this whole student affairs thing falls through. This weekend I drove around for several hours taking photos and collecting contact information on many different rental properties in town. I am working on finding the best bang for my buck which means a deep and wide scale search of every property just for good measure. You never know what hidden gems are just waiting to be found.

And then do you know what happens? I get to go furniture shopping! And that is possibly the most exciting news of all.

No comments: