Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Destruction

I can't begin to know how to write about this. As all of you know, an F5 tornado ripped a 43 mile path through Iowa this weekend, destroying anything in a half-mile path. It is a sight unlike any other, like an explosion or a war zone.

Families have lost everything they know in as little as 30 seconds. As I sit useless in my apartment tonight, I know the best thing I can do is pray hard for all those affected by this powerful destructive force. And although I'd love to be there helping in the clean up, I know that families and volunteers are working hard with a resounding sense of unity.

There is hope in all of this. The people of Iowa are strong and resilient. The winds break walls, but not spirits. Parkersburg and New Hartford and all those affected will stand tall and work hard together to make things better than they ever were.

We are so fortunate in this world. We've been given so much and are so incredibly blessed. So count your blessing tonight. Give thanks to God for the many wonderful things He gives us in life like family, strength, and constant love and care. He is in control...even in unfathomable chaos.

No comments: