Friday, December 12, 2008

I Wrote You a Letter...

Dearest friend,

I just want you to know that I've been thinking about you a lot in the past few days. Between all the illnesses that have been floating around that I know you've caught a few of, and knowing that by now you're probably feeling pretty overwhelmed by the quickly approaching holiday season, you've been in my prayers.

I know there's always so much to be done around Christmas time...family, presents, food, trees, lights, travel, church...and we far too often allow the hustle and bustle to take us over. Christmas seems to lose it's meaning through all of the wrapping paper, miles driven, and meals stressed over. It becomes a little bit more about the planning and the stuff and the commercial and the bah humbug with each approaching day.

So please, take a few minutes today and sit, just stop and sit, and reflect on how incredible Christmas really is, what is truly means. Savor all of the blessings, traditions, and and moments that you have been given. Breathe deep the wonders of what you have right in front of you, and praise God for the best gift ever given. Be in awe today of that gift, and remember it for what it really is.

Jesus. King of Kings. Lord of Lords. Righteous. Holy. Pure. Messiah. Teacher. Redeemer. God Incarnate. The Only Savior. Our Only Hope.

So, take care this Christmas season. And don't let the meaning of Christmas escape your heart. I love you dearly, and I always will.

Lindsey

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You're the best! Thanks for the prayers and the kind words... and most of all your friendship! I've definitely been melting down lately. Trying to focus these next few days on Christmas joy. :) (keep praying!)