Monday, December 11, 2006

Subway Gets Ugly

This week, I have experienced the worst Subway ever. Seriously. Last night, I went to said Subway to get some dinner circa 9:00 pm. I entered to the sight of a very wide-like butt sticking up just over the cash register and a muffled voice saying, "Um...hi." (She was apparently picking up something off the floor...or possibly licking the floor...not really sure.)

I thought to myself, "Sweet. This is the local moron stop. Service should be great."
"We...um...don't have any bread."
"Excuse me?"
"Yeah, out of bread."
"Like for a few minutes?"
"Well, it could be at least an hour...possibly all night."

Wow. Can someone please explain how a sub shop, whose livelihood seems to be dependent on the amount of bread they sell, runs out of that one primary and essencial product? But, giving them the benefit of the doubt (perhaps it was a managerial oversight or an incredibly good sales night) I decided to go back tonight. I made a fairly major mistake however. I asked a few questions. Apparently, that was against the rules at this Subway.

I first asked if they perhaps carried any parmesan-oregano bread. Most Subways have stopped carrying this bread, but sometimes I ask just to be sure.

"Um...do you mean the Italian herb and cheese?"
"No, but that will work fine. Do you carry spinach?"
"Subway doesn't do spinach."

Ok, so at this point, I'm still doing alright. I mean, I am feeling a bit sorry for the person on the other side of the counter who was not the brightest crayon in the box. But I'm still pretty satisfied, that is, until the lady wouldn't put the peppercorn-garlic sauce on my sub. One little spit of a squirt, and then it was "This is all we have of this sauce," followed by a blank stare.

That was about all I could handle. I quickly finished my order and got the heck out of there. Could someone please notify management? Seriously.

No comments: