Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Doctor vs. Awesome

Actual conversation with my brother last night: 

Mitch: ...I have so much going on...I have to get my party planned, get in shape, get a tan, get some new clothes...
Me: Yeah, pretty much all I've thought about lately is getting work done and school work done...
Mitch: Haha.
Me: My life is lame, but hey, I'm going to be a doctor, so I can't complain too much.
Mitch: Lol and I'm just going to be awesome.

Life is nothing short of frantic these days between long days at work and long nights at the homework. But somehow, I don't hate it. In fact, I can't say I could really imagine life any other way. What would I be doing if not all this stuff? Would I be socializing with friends more? Maybe. Would I be married with kiddos? Hard to say. Would I most likely just find another project to keep me equally busy? That sounds about right.

I do every now and then long for the days that I could just curl up on a Sunday afternoon and take a good long nap. Heck, I even find myself longing for the days that I could get enough laundry done to wear clean clothes to work. But all in all, this whole work/school=busy/life combo isn't just all that bad. 

And as for the doctor versus awesome debate, I'll let it go for now, but I'm secretly hoping that it is possible to be both doctor and awesome in the same lifetime, however if I had to choose just one, Mitch can have awesome all to himself.

Oh, and I miss you, blog friends. It has been quite some time since I've written much of anything (outside of academic writing, of course), and I've had about 400 random reflection moments that I wish I could have taken time to share with you. My guess is that many of them will come around again; they usually do, and when I get a short break from my studies (Christmas to mid-January), perhaps I'll spend some time catching up.

No comments: