Wednesday, July 26, 2006

A Date with a Mom

Today was a lot of fun. It was the kind of unexpected fun where you can look back on a day and think, "Man, that was a really great day." I spent the day with Brandon's mom. This, at first made me a little nervous. I was surprised that I actually asked her first of all, and I was even more surprised that she wanted to come along. But the most surprising of all was that she offered to drive, took me out for lunch, and then wouldn't except any gas or food money. She said that she was just glad to help. I thought that was pretty cute of her.

Gail and I talked about all sorts of interesting things on our excursion today. We discussed family, living far away, the ins and outs of dating her son, married life, the un-grumpy side of Brian. It was all very interesting. We also talked about teaching, other careers, fun in the summers, oh all kinds of stuff. I have decided that I love Gail...no, I love the entire Otte family. You all rock! :)

Then the most exciting thing happened this evening! Katy, Brandon's sister, who rocks, went into labor and will very soon be holding her new daughter, Ella. I, as the baby lover that I am, am very excited about this, and I hope to go visit them with Brandon very soon. I love babies. And I will most definitely win the poll for the date and time category...good thing. I need some candy around my apartment.

I spent the better part of my day (by better, I do mean bigger, because nothing beats an afternoon with Gail Otte...except maybe an afternoon with Brandon Otte) making a present for Brandon. My favorite thing about this perhaps is torturing him about what it might be or how cool its going to be. Ah, but he will find out soon enough. All he needs to remember is that I am awsome. A lesson well learned tonight, I think...right, Brandon? :)

Ok, well, enough excitement for my day. I'm worn out, and I'm very much looking forward to curling up with a good book and hitting the hay.

No comments: