Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Big Loser

So there I was, eating my dinner quietly in Applebee's. I was happily finishing my financial planning book, completing a very typical meal. Then it happened. I always joked that it happened all the time, but it had never actually really happened. My waitress came up to me and said that she was really feeling sorry for me sitting all the way across the restaurant all by myself. Ugh. Well, if I wasn't already feeling like a big loser, that statement solidified that I probably should.

I politely explained that this was an everyday sort of occurrence for me as a traveler. I explained my job and all that. Then she asked me if I had my own house or just literally traveled all the time. Seriously? Wow. Well, the loser factor just increased.

So, sweet. A waitress feels sorry for me. This travel season is starting off about as well as it could.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't think real losers realize that they are losers so you're actually not a loser (just mistaken). Hang in there and remember that you can have an influence on kids every day. Love Dad

LK said...

I love you, Dad!