Monday, February 05, 2007

Just Call Me Picky McPickerson

Maybe I'm just too picky. I don't know. But it is seeming to be more and more difficult to find a new place to live that I really like. I always thought that my perfect place was waiting out there for me at the price I want. Turns out...it's not.

Well, actually, that's not true. It is out there...was. It was out there. But it only took one dumb landlord to really ruin my day. I sure did find my dream rental. I was very impressed with it's overall quality and affordability. It came with lots of extras like a two car attached garage, dishwasher, brand new washer and dryer, central air, deck, big back yard, nice residential neighborhood. And best of all - not available. "Oh, sorry I showed that place to you, and offered to show you a second time, but the tenants changed their minds and will be staying." Yoink. The rug gets yanked from under my firmly planted feet.

So, now the search continues for the perfect place to call home. This sure would be a lot easier if my standards were low...there are lots of places out there if you don't care that you live in a dump.

No comments: