Saturday, February 24, 2007

A House is Not a Home, but a School Could Be

Well, I hate to make assumptions, but I think it's pretty safe to say that I have finally found a place to live. I will, at this point, give props to my coworker Deb, for pointing me toward it.

I will be moving to Belmont. In Belmont, there is an old school house, built circa 1901, that some very nice rich people took the time, energy, and money to utilize original features while creating unique and modern spaces. And did I mention that they're beautiful? Original hardwood floors, big windows, high ceilings...lockers in the hallways, original chalkboards in each unit, washers and dryers on each floor, gas fireplaces in the basement units...ok, so I can't afford those units, but they have them. In a word, these places are sweet.

I almost cried when I was talking with the owner, telling her how many terrible places I had seen, and that all I was looking for was a place that I could walk in and think, "Ahhh." A pleasant sigh was all I was really looking for. But I walked into their building and though, "Wow! Amazing!" And that was about it. I had pretty much decided.

So all I have to say at this point is, thank God for Belmont, and thank God for non-student geared housing. :)

No comments: