Monday, April 09, 2007

Check Transmission

Easter has quickly come and gone, but it was every bit worth driving home for. And even though I only got about an hour and a half of tradition, it filled that little spot in my heart. My favorite moment was just walking in the door. The general hustle and bustle of holiday feasts was just wrapping up and all the kids were playing in the living room, and Kelton quickly rushed to hug my legs tight. He may have actually been excited to see me, but the odds are better that he was more excited to get outside and finally get those hidden Easter eggs. "Wait for Lindsey" must have been said a hundred times or more as the four year olds patiently watched the windows for me to arrive. Either way, it was worth every mile.

On a completely unrelated note, how seriously should one take the "Check Transmission" light? Because I'd really love to be stranded four or so hours from home on day one of a four day trip. Yeah, that'd be fun.

No comments: