Friday, March 14, 2008

Dang it!

Well, a few days above freezing not only gained a few hornets crawling around the snow, but today I have killed the first live one in my apartment. I guess it's time to turn out the super sensors of hearing and seeing out of the corner of my eyes.

Looks like I will be calling my landlady on Monday morning for a little chat. I can't live on the edge of sleep and sanity for a whole nother warm season out of fear and anger from those stupid bugs. Because something tells me this little guy that I whacked today didn't come alone, and I'm not really in the mood to meet his friends.

Just like last year, I tend to be a little jumpy for the first couple that I kill...or over-kill. In fact, I'm pretty sure that I killed this first one fourteen times or so. And so it will go until I have once again mastered the skill of killing them with a single swat in mid-flight. But it looks like until I make friends with the exterminator, my best friend with be the fly swatter that will live in my right hand until sometime next November.

No comments: