Thursday, October 02, 2008

You betcha, Joe Six-Pack!

Well, we survived it, and without any major train wreck. I can't claim I watched all of the debate, although that was tonight's intent. Phone conversations, Facebook, and homework all were necessary interruptions. But I think I got most of the main points. And I have to say I was a little surprised that Sarah Palin didn't end up falling on her face. She generally held her own on most topics, but then again, she just decided not to talk about the issues she didn't know anything about. I wouldn't go so far as to say that Sarah Palin "killed it...she was the lead..." as one of the analysts noted, but she also just didn't get killed as I think most of America was waiting to see happen.

So what does this mean for the future? I can't claim to know where this will fall, but I can say that I am extrememly interested to find out. What a time in American history to be around to remember. Someday, my grandchildren will look in their history and government text books in their high schools, and they will read about what I will be able to recall.

Although I still am not 100% on my vote (to the dismay of my parents that will vote one way, and my friends that will vote the other), either way, we...I will help make history. (I'm going to need to read up a little more and do some fact checking!)

So Sarah, you may be a moron, you may not stand for women's rights as some think you should, you may say things like Joe Six-Pack, You betcha, and Drill, baby drill!, but you go with your history-making self. And Joe, you go too...although you are not nearly as interesting. But I won't believe for a moment when Ferraro said that she didn't believe that VPs were really all that important in a presidential election decisions. You're kidding right? Maybe once this is all over, the votes are cast and there is a president in place, we'll look around and remember how unimportant we think they are...but tonight? I'm pretty sure the VPs are making a difference in people's minds.

1 comment:

The Thomas' said...

"I'm pretty sure the VPs are making a difference in people's minds." ... You betcha!

P.s. I am still undecided as well.