Sunday, January 04, 2009

The Hunt is On!

Well, after much debate and even more stalling, the hunt is officially on. I've set the appointment with the realtor, my family's on board with a variety of options in hand, and I want to find a home that I love.

There are so many things that I'm excited about that come a long with searching for a house. First is, of course, the hunt. I've been drooling over houses that I want to see online for weeks, and next week, I'm going to get to walk through them and critic them and think about all the things I could do with them. But then there is the moving. I have got to be one of the few people on earth that doesn't mind moving. In fact, I'm already starting to prepare for all the things that come with a move. In the past, it has not been all that tricky to move. Pick up and go. And I have...so many times. But this time there's so much more: new driver's license, car registration and plates, utilities set up, a million address changes....

So, naturally, I have created a binder (I almost bought one, but that seemed silly), with all of the things I can possibly think of that will need to happen before, during, and after a move. It's so far about seven pages long. Yep, I'm a nerd.

I'm also excited to have projects of my very own...someday. I hope to fix things up, decorate rooms, buy new furniture to help fill rooms, and maybe even garden...or try to garden. :) Even the prospect of mowing (ooh, going to need a mower), and scooping snow sound a little exciting to this perpetual renter.

So, with all the excitement, and the realization that this could take a while, my goal is to find a place, buy it, and move in by summer....we'll see. But I just wanted to share my enthusiasm with someone now. :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is awesome Lindsey. I am extremely excited for you. I hope you find something that fits you. Good luck on the hunt.

LK said...

Thanks, P! :)