Tuesday, September 01, 2009

No Life...Well, Not Exactly

Well, it's happened again. I'm sitting in my office at 8:17 pm, tinkering at my desk. To most, this would appear to be equivalent to having no life, but there's something I've discovered recently. Right now, my work is my life. And that's not a bad thing.

Think about it. I have realized that I have a calling, a defined purpose, that I know is to be doing what I do, working with students, sharing with them the love of God. This is not just a career, not even close. It's life-work. It's something that I am destined to do for the will of God.

So, although I joke about having no life outside of work, the truth is that I wouldn't really want it any other way. I want to keep on working for the Kingdom, fighting for what's right, pressing on toward bigger and better things for my students and the staff and faculty that I see as family now, never accepting anything but the very best to offer up to God. Why would I ever need anything more? Desire anything more?

God has blessed me greatly by providing me the heart-knowledge of my very purpose in life, something that many never get to experience in life. I will pursue this passion that is born in me as hard as I can because I am blessed to be able to do so. I offer this gift up to God today, today and always, with a joyful and overflowing heart.

No comments: