Friday, January 15, 2010

5) If you were a dessert, what would you be, and why?

Oh yes I did ask this question. And in my class, there was a stipulation: the "why" answer could NOT be "...because I like it."

I'll stick with my original answer when I was asked the question in my class: Fresh baked peach and blueberry cobbler. Fresh out of the oven, I cannot think of too many things that are more homey, comforting, or satisfying. There's something about it that reminds you of home, makes you smile, and warms more that your body...your very soul. I would like to think that when people think of me, they think of home, smile a little, and feel good.

Peach cobbler in itself is a bit plain-jane. There isn't anything fancy-dancy about it, nothing elaborate, difficult, or strange. Me too. But add fresh blueberries, and you've got just a little quirk, something a little out of the ordinary, just slightly better. That's me. I'm a little bit basic, but there's a twist. I have a crazy adventure streak that only some know about. There are little twists that make me more than basic...writing, singing, cooking...

Yes, I would definitely be peach and blueberry cobbler. What dessert would you be?

No comments: