Monday, February 21, 2011

Glory to God Anyway

I recently had the opportunity to present the gospel to an unbelieving friend. It was in the middle of quite the heated discussion about right and wrong, truth and relativism, and I somehow knew that what I was saying not only wasn't resonating with my friend, it was pretty much offending him. Ultimately, he let me know that my views were far too closed-minded for him. 

And although it was generally unpleasant to walk away from a conversation like that having made no noticeable difference in a friend's life, you know what? Glory to God anyway. I got the opportunity to express God's love to someone who hadn't ever experienced it. I can't soften his heart myself. I can't force him into knowing Jesus. God gave me the chance to plant a seed, and I did. Who knows how it may impact his life down the road. And what if none at all? Well, God gets the glory anyway.

No comments: