Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Bye Bye, Bad Habit

Ok, so pretty much my whole life, at least since I've had teeth, I've been a nail biter. And I'd have to say that it has not been much fun. More times than I care to recall, I've been caught in the act, and even complete strangers feel the need to point it out...as if that is some sort of motivation to stop doing it...yeah.

But back in September, I had a set of acrylics done. And for those of you not familiar with the subject of cosmetology (yeah, like I am really an expert...), acrylic nails are really bad for your real nails, really bad. And I had nearly no nails left once I removed those fake guys. I bought myself some nail growth polish in hopes that it would help the poor little guys grow a little bit, and funny thing, the stuff actually is kind of working. All my nails have white tips and a few of them are even clicking on the keyboard right now. (That doesn't happen very often.)

I think I can now understand why some girls freak out over a broken nail. I have become pretty attached to the little guys. If I broke one down real short, I think I might shed a tear over it. Here's hoping for nails that keep on growing...maybe even to the point where I'd have to cut them. (That has never happened before.)

Ok, after writing this, I'm sure that it was possibly the worst blog entry ever. Neat. But hey, Dad, at least you won't have to point out when I'm biting my nails over Thanksgiving...I don't think I will be. :) Feel free to leave congratulatory comments on my newly broken bad habit below.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

way to go baby cakes. one more thing to be a proud dad about. love you

LK said...

Thanks...hopefully this time the quit sticks. :) So far, so good. Still growing.