Tuesday, November 14, 2006

I Think My Foot is Broken

This week has been one of the slowest weeks so far in my road travels. Yesterday was extremely difficult to deal with. I met with three students...total. Out of four schools? Yeah, that's pretty bad. But, one for the books: I did talk with a student on the phone for about 20 minutes in a guidance office because the kid was home sick from school. Neat.

And the most unfortunate accident of the week occurred today at my last school. I somehow dropped my wheelie briefcase, stuffed full of intro. books, info. cards, all the heavy stuff (not emptied so much due to my extremely slow week) onto my left foot...directly on that bone that sticks up a little higher than all the rest. I actually had to sit back in the car for a few minutes while I dried the tears from my eyes and regained composure to be able to meet with students. And for the record, it really hurt.

On a happier note, I have so far successfully gone through two and a half days without eating at a McDonald's once. This is a record for me on the road this semester. I made four lovely meals on Saturday and froze them solid so as not to die from salmonella or ecoli. And that has made a lot of difference. And I've even worked out once! I know, exciting. But due to the recent foot injury, there will be no treadmill or elliptical for me tonight. Maybe tomorrow.

No comments: