Monday, November 27, 2006

Another Slow Day

It has taken some getting used to, but the Northwoods of Wisconsin are treating me pretty well. I enjoy the scenery as well as the nice folks I meet, but there's one thing that I haven't gotten used to just yet: the very few students I see. Now, some of my slow day ended up being circumstantial and very much out of my control (i.e. one school had a teacher pass away last week). I'm sure, too, that distance plays a big part. Platteville is at least three hours from the Wausau area...but that logic seems silly as ALL my schools are at least three hours from Platteville....hmm.

Today I tried to keep myself incredibly busy. I visited five schools between the hours of 8:00 and 2:00, but guess how many students I saw...Four. Four students in five schools. Icing on the cake - I saw three students at one school. You do the math there.

So now with just enough postcards to put off until tomorrow, no good magazine in my handbag, and no book to enjoy on this trip, I sit in a Green Mill eating my bread and herb butter, telling you all about my slow day. However, the great part about tonight is the Green Mill serves an incredible smoked chicken and spinach ravioli in a garlic cream sauce. This makes my belly happy....and my keyboard slightly greasy...but shhh...don't tell the boss. :)

No comments: