Tuesday, January 03, 2012

Dear Future Husband

Dear future husband,

I've written to you before, but this time, I have one specific thing on my mind. Tonight I went for a nice hard treadmill run. It's the dead of winter, I'm not a huge fan of treadmills, but I went. Why? In fact, why do I workout at all? 

I mostly do it for me. I feel better, look better, and am better with every workout. It's good for my heart, good for my mind, good for every muscle I've got. I feel stronger than I've ever been. With each workout, I feel stronger. At this rate, by the time I'm 80, I will be Super Woman.

But secretly, I also do it a little bit for you. Someday when we meet, I hope to take your breath away. But I'm not going to show you everything right away. You will wonder why I dress so conservatively until we're actually married, and then you will understand. Even as a conservatively dressed lady, you'll have to beat back the other guys, keeping their eyes away from me. You'll hate that you've got to do this...until we're actually married. After that, you'll just smile, knowing that you're the only one that ever gets to take me home at night.

So, even though I'm intrinsically motivated to keep on working out for myself, know that you're always in the back of my mind.

Love, 
Your future wife

No comments: