Thursday, January 05, 2012

Eating Cake

I'm really not a fan of when people say things like, "Oh, well, of course you can have that huge piece of cake. With a body like yours, you can probably eat anything you want... Some of us aren't so lucky." Really? Is that really what you believe? That may have been the case when I was in junior high and high school, eating everything on earth with no consequence. But it probably was for you, too, snide, jealous person. 

In reality, the only reason why I can choose to have this giant piece of cake right now is because I have a date with four miles and treadmill tonight. And tomorrow. And Saturday. In fact, this year I might just eat lots of cake because I expect to have a few hundred dates with over 500 miles. I will add romance to those dates with lovely little protein shakes and energy bars, and I will entice and excite a few more miles with maybe a new pair of shoes or a cute workout outfit. And then, I will bask in the afterglow of every one of those dates, knowing I earned my piece of cake, and the glorious body that you are so jealous of right now. 

So, go ahead and keep publicly refusing cake and feeling sorry for yourself if that's the route you choose. As for me, I choose to have my cake, and my workouts, and my rockin' body, too!

No comments: