Monday, February 04, 2008

The Little Things....#2

Having given my new series some thought, I have reconsidered it's title. I will now call it "The Little Things...." and give you a little insight into the little things that make me happy. Yeah, that just feels better.

A little thing that makes me happy #2: The car ride home.

I really have learned to love my ride home from work in the afternoons. For that ten minutes (providing that there are no crazies on the road that day) I am alone with my thoughts, with songs that I love, with my loud singing voice that doesn't get to come out near often enough. It's a chance to unwind, leave work at work, and even laugh at myself every now and then. I have learned in this year of commuting seven miles each way that road range is a waste of energy that I used to be wasting all the time. Since I drive for a living it's probably good that I learned that lesson early. So, save some energy, forget the road rage. Use your drive home to learn something new about yourself.

No comments: