Tuesday, February 05, 2008

The Little Things....#3

A little thing that makes me happy #3: Keeping my two plants alive.

Anyone who knows me, knows the color of my thumb...brown. Wrinkly, shriveled, burnt up brown. The secret to hiding my brown thumb is to usually keep buying the same variety of plant over and over and over so that no one notices how often my plants are dying. (Pretty tricky, right?)

But, I would like to proudly announce that I have managed to keep the same two plants alive (and at least somewhat healthy looking) since moving into this apartment. Perhaps the massive windows facing the correct directions has had something to do with it, but I would like to think that maybe, maybe, my thumb might me showing a hint of green? It may just be in the creases, but I think I'm beginning to see a hint of color. So, it turns out that it makes me very happy to see the same plants in my apartment for the past nine whole months. (Having said this, I sincerely hope that I have not jinxed myself just yet.)

No comments: