Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Divine Interventions

It never ceases to amaze me that God has the ability (okay, so obviously He has the ability...it more amazes me that He cares), to constantly align the path of my life to intersect the life of someone else so that we meet at the exact time that we may need each other most. God can work in whatever way He wants. If He wanted to make our lives better, He could just do it. But most often He chooses to work through imperfect us to meet each other's needs. God's desire to use us is a whole 'nother topic for a whole 'nother time.

Recently, I had myself an awfully bad day. They happen every once and a while...even to the most perky, positive, and purposeful of individuals. I had made some vital errors at work (wouldn't work be so much easier if I was just perfect?), and had a pretty rough conversation that needed to be had with someone. Feeling attacked, weary, and pretty defeated, I sent out a call for prayer from a few women that I knew would for sure follow through, just asking for peace and maybe a reprieve from the terrible day. Today, I ran into one of them, Annalee, and we met for impromptu lunch on campus.

It didn't take long for us both to realize that this lunch was orchestrated well beyond our understanding...just at the moment when I needed someone to share with. We prayed together, shed a few tears over the pure greatness of God, hugged, and went on with our day. We both knew that God had brought us together for a purpose. I look forward to seeing what God does with the continual building of our relationship.

And, you know, it's not just today that I've seen this happen. It seems that God has brought people into my life over and over again, for purposes that sometimes I'm not even aware of at the time. Sometimes I need a friend, sometimes I need a laugh, sometimes I get to serve others in purposes, too. I thank God for His divine timing and for the people He knows that need to connect at certain times in certain ways. And I thank God for people like my family, Megan, Annalee, Janet, Carol...

No comments: