Monday, September 27, 2010

Officially Fall

Well, it's officially fall, and in my life, it means a few things...

I'm sick. 

There always seems to be this lull between New Student Orientation and Homecoming that I manage to let down my defenses just enough to allow a little ick bug to sneak in. Last year, I got hit hard with four weeks of sinus infections followed by an abscessed tonsil (which was, perhaps, the most disgusting physical ailment that I've ever lived through). This year, fortunately, my ick is only a missing voice that will keep me quieter that usual for a few days (at least I'm hoping and praying that's all it is going to be). 
The leaves are changing!

Every year, as the leaves change and the fields turn golden for harvest, I find myself getting a little reminiscent. How could a whole 'nother year have passed before my eyes? I'm in my third round of school-year fun at UD and my second year of home ownership. It's just hard to believe all that has happened in such a brief moment in time. In a few months, I will, undoubtedly have my annual year in review post, but my reflection on the year's events usually begins around now as so many visible signs of change pop up all around me.

My life is crazy. 

Crazy is a pretty typical adjective used by both myself and others to describe my life in the fall season. This year, my fall is filled with my job (including a few new endeavors like Wendt), teaching, rehearsing for the big Christmas production at my church (yes, we've already begun practicing), and I'm leading a team of women to develop the annual women's day seminar at church. Yikes! And somewhere in there, I'm making time to read, pray, eat, play, and hang out with all of the great people God has placed in my life. It is indeed crazy, but it's also crazy good.

No comments: