Wednesday, November 03, 2010

Little Moments

I have a particularly favorite moment of almost every work day. In the morning, when I finally drag my rear out of the house and onto campus (somewhere around 8:30 or so), I park in my usual spot half way across campus, and I walk to the east to get to my office. 

I walk across the campus quad, into the sunrise, in complete silence, with no one else around. There is something very serene about walking directly into the rising sunlight every morning. Some days, I end up walking so slowly, any onlookers there might be probably assume there's something wrong. I don't care. I'm consumed by the moment. It's a daily reminder of how amazing, how comforting, how beautiful our God is. It's quiet, peaceful, calming, stunning... I can't think of a better way to start each day than time spent walking with God on the quad of the place that my heart loves so much.

Enjoy today, everyone!

No comments: