Thursday, October 28, 2010

Humbled

Nothing else quite matches the feeling. I'm sitting in front of my laptop with a bowl of chili in hand, writing some silly blog about my current lifestyle. And then the phone rings. I don't recognize the number, but I answer anyway. "Lindsey, it's Amy. Are you coming to our meeting?" I glance at the clock. The meeting started fifteen minutes ago. In Platteville. I will be 45 minutes late...at best. I'm the chair of the committee.

I feel like crying. Like spitting. I hate screwing up. I hate being reminded of my own limitations. 

Oh, the gracious women of that committee. They smiled, continued on with their meeting, got a ton of business done. Stupid me for being so cocky that this little committee at church would be easy. That it would be no big deal. 

So, now that I'm decently humbled, I am back in front of my laptop, back at the dining room table, taking deep breaths to somehow get over myself and move on with the projects intended for this evening. First on the agenda? Updating my calendars. Sigh.

2 comments:

Joyce Boike said...

I hate that feeling!

On a bright note, your blog is now a box on my iGoogle homepage!

LK said...

Sweet! Enjoy reading along! Feel free to officially "follow" if you haven't yet. I have very few followers. Hugs!