Thursday, May 03, 2007

Cell Phone, Oh Cell Phone...

So, five long years have past that I have called la Ville de Platte (um...that's Platteville for those of you who don't speak French...or whatever language that may be) home. And in those five years, I have always kept my Iowa local cell phone number. Convenient to those that call me most (Mom, that would be you), but not so convenient to the Plattevillians who want to get ahold of me without paying something like 49 cents per minute to chat. And who can blame them. My wisdom is surely not worth 49 cents per minute.

So, yesterday, I took a leap. I went into the local Radio Shack, and signed up for my own cell phone. The cord has been cut, the damage done. There's no turning back. But for the next few weeks, as I try frantically to tell everyone I know to call my new number (which shouldn't take too long, I don't know all that many people), I will have three phones to keep track of. Original cell phone, which has treated me well all through my higher education, Home phone line, which was only created as a desperate plea to hold a free Internet connection, and New cell phone, which hopefully soon with be my one and only phone.

So, in an effort to clear up the confusion, please call the following number (unless you are Mom and Dad, which is probably 50% of my current subscribers): 608-330-0903. Mom and Dad, you can continue to call my old number for a while since, well, you're paying for it. :)

Countdown 'til moving day: 23 days! (That reminds me, I better get packing.)

No comments: