Thursday, May 03, 2007

Good Advice

The best advice that I have received in a while was from the IT personnel at UW-La Crosse.

I emailed the Information Technology Office with a dilemma of not being able log into my email after changing my password. Lucky me. I clearly described who I was, what my problem was, all the usual items to include. I received the following email in return:

Lindsey, Unfortunately for security reasons you will have to stop by room 103 of the Wing Technology Center with a photo ID for us to reset your password. Sorry for any inconveniences. Thanks. ITS Support Center

Sweet. Thanks for that. Sure let me drive on up there to reset my password...Just what I want to spend an entire day doing. Two minutes later, I received the following email:

Lindsey, After sending you my previous e-mail I noticed that you are an online grad student. In this case you may give us a call so that we can reset your password, but we will have to ask you a few security questions.Sorry for the confusion with my previous e-mail. Thanks. ITS Support Center

Ha, thanks pal. :) Needless to say, all is well now, and I do not anticipate changing my password again...ever.

No comments: