Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Some Days

There are some days when I think that maybe my life is just a little too dull for things like blogging, get-togethers to update friends on life, Christmas letters... But then there are days when I take time to review all the exciting things that are really going on in life.

Let's review.

-I am currently gainfully employed at UWP.
-I will be shifting jobs slightly for the summer, moving from full-time to part-time temporarily.
-I will soon resume nannying for my favorite kids ever.
-In two weeks, I will have a new place of residence in the booming city of Belmont.
-In two weeks, I will have begun a graduate degree through UWL.
-Sand volleyball starts up in three weeks, my favorite non-competitive sport.
-I have successfully survived my first full year of living off-campus (paying bills, rent, etc. on time.)
-I have seen my family more times in the past year than possibly all four years of my undergraduate career combined.

Ok, so to you, maybe this list just reminds you of how dull my life real may be, but to me, this is a thriving list of change, growth, and fantasticness. I read that list and breathe in deep the goodness of life. Every time I open my mouth to complain, or in most cases, after a complaint has been made, I stop an remember just how many reasons I have not to complain, or be bitter. And when I hear others complain about the general ho-hum-ness of life, spouses, jobs, events, etc. it makes me remember even more how much I am blessed.

You know, the past few years have not exactly been a time of spiritual growth for me. Without the help of small groups, the accountability that comes with that, without a good study to follow, or even the time to join a Sunday school class, I've been pretty stagnant. And I believe that that happens sometimes in a Christian's life, and that's ok. But there's been something stirring inside me. A few of you may understand what I'm talking about, that feeling that something is coming, something is changing. That sort of butterfly feeling that catches you off guard at random times throughout the day.

I absolutely love the mystery of God. This used to be (and occasionally still is) something that frustrated me. God, why won't you tell me what I'm supposed to do? Can't You please reveal what my future will hold?
But what would life be without the mystery of the plan? To be so predictable that we can plan out every year of our lives to the last detail...where's the excitement in that? Right now, I love that life is open ended. I know there's a plan, and I will fit into it just as God designed. That is the beauty of it all.

Sorry, I guess I got a little lengthy, but there's just a feeling in my heart. It needed an attempt to be expressed.

No comments: