Tuesday, May 15, 2007

More on the Mysteries of Life

Funny. Just a few hours ago I wrote a heartfelt entry about the mystery of God and how I knew there was something just around the bend waiting for me. But tonight, for some strange reason, much of that feeling is gone. It may just be fatigue or a little loneliness (romance movies do that to a girl), but right now I just feel tired, maybe a little empty. In a matter of hours I have been unexplainedly drained.

How could something so silly like forgetting laundry in the washer for an hour or not getting to Wal-Mart make me feel so crabby? I truly hate being crabby, whiny, complainy...People notice that just as much as someone who is incessantly happy, joyful. Trust me. There are certain acquaintances in my life that don't seem to know what joy is. I would hate to be one of those people. How awful.

So, tonight, as I continue to furrow my brow without explanation, I pray for peace.

My dad had an interesting thought tonight. He told me of a man who ended all his conversations with, "Make it a good day!" rather than "Have a good day!" We do have the choice after all. When I feel bitterness or measly grumpiness creeping up on me, am I not the only one to tell it to get lost?

From great day, to grumpy evening, to beautiful night, I will know that this has been a great day. And the mysteries continue tomorrow, God willing. Beautiful mystery.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Make it a good day!! Great advice. Very difficult to implement. But I will keep trying. I have an idea you will too. Talk to you tomorrow.
Dad