Tuesday, August 22, 2006

A Quick Update

Ok, so it's been a while since my last post. A lot has happened in a few short days.

As you know, I went to Illinois for a few days a week ago, and it was so fun. But that has already been discussed. Following that trip, I went to visit my parents for a few days. My mom and I went on a shopping spree, and this also has been discussed. Continuing the marathon of travels, I went to see Brandon at his place in Jordan, Minnesota. What a weekend. It was a lot of fun.

We went to the Mall of America and shopped til we dropped (literally). I found a pair of shoes that I had been searching for for weeks, and of course, I bought them on the spot. I think there's something to impulse buying. I get a lot of fun stuff on impulse. :) We also went to the zoo. The last time I had been to a zoo, I was probably eight, so that was cool. I liked the fish and sharks and stuff the best. Brandon also gave me the grand tour of his area, and Jordan is a super nice community. I liked it a lot.

Somewhere along the marathon route, I managed to squeeze in a hair cut and a dentist appointment. Good news - no cavities for the 22nd year in a row! :) It has been a great week or two, but it sure did add a lot of milage to my car and my life.

Tomorrow I start my new job training (at 7:45 am) and I am so excited! I think it's going to be fantastic. And Friday my parents and Brandon will be in town which means dining out and hanging out. Saturday, Brandon and I are going to my friend Bridget's cookout for the day, and Sunday is church.

So, as usual, life does not slow down for this crazy kid. It just keeps plowing forward at breakneck speed, but you know I wouldn't have it any other way. Wish me luck on my job, and good luck to everyone starting classes this week and next!

No comments: