Thursday, August 03, 2006

A Thief I Am

Today was quite the exciting day. Not only did I get to nanny for a very fussy teething 14 month old, but I took a new road home, and broke into my boyfriend's parents' house. Yep, it was an exciting day.

Ok, so I can't deceive you for too long. Obviously, someone like me could not just break into a home without permission and just mess the place up. Actually, I ran into Brandon's parents and Wal-Mart today as they were buying pink paint, and I asked them for a copy of a photo. Gail told me just to stop by after work even though no one would be there. So I did. But I did take a photo that I didn't have permission to take...but I left a note and promised to bring it back. So, I feel that justifies it.

In comtemplating the rest of my life, I have come to the conclusion that time moves way too fast. And with each year, more forward motion takes place. You cover more ground in less time as you race to some unknown finish line somewhere. I mean think about it. In the past five years you've accomplished some high school and college. And sure, now you may have a job and such, but think about what the next five years holds in store. Wedding? Babies? A house? Who knows...maybe none of it. But all that stuff sure seems way more substantial than an education. What's life going to be like when we're forty or fifity? Will we even be able to hold on? That was just the thought plaguing my mind today.

Oh, and as a bonus to this post...a photo. Aren't we cute?

No comments: