Wednesday, August 09, 2006

What a Walk

Yesterday after work, I had the sudden urge to go for a run. Now, if you know me at all, you're thinking, "Well, that's weird," because Lindsey does not run. But it was undeniable, so I suited up, found my tennies, loaded up my mp3 player, and headed out. But I decided that walking was a much better idea.

It was a beautiful night. The sun was peeking in and out of the clouds, the breeze was nice and cool. I walked through campus first as it was my comfort zone for so long. I walked through Memorial Park behind campus, then found the Roundtree Branch Trail. I had heard a rumor that this trail went something like all the way to Mineral Point. And although I had no intention of walking to Mineral Point last night, I did feel like it would be an adventure to see where it led me.

So, I walked and walked and walked. And twice I found myself without a trail, totally at a loss for when I had actually gotten off the trail. And then I was in the Domino's employee parking lot...and the trail stopped cold. First of all, I already felt like an idiot for walking through the giant parking lot past all the employees on their smoke breaks. But to walk past them again when I finally realize the trail was gone was almost too much for me to bear. So I finished my walk in a state of fury.

So, if anyone has an official map of the trail that goes to Mineral Point, or even if you know where I can go to start the trail (um, that doesn't require me to risk my life by walking on any roads), please let me know. I'd love to explore it.

No comments: